May 26th, 2010
The long awaited release of the next version of Avant Browser has arrived. Avant Browser 11.8 Alpha 2 is ready for testing. Please put it through its paces so we can find and fix all the bugs. Post on the forum anything that doesn’t quite work right.
Alpha 2 Changes:
- Creating new tabs action was tardy.
- The default zoom size was displayed as 0%
- New created pages didn’t follow the zoom size reset
- Being unable to type URL into the address bar if creating a new tab with CTRL + N
- Annoying ActiveX error often popped up when Disable ActiveX option checked
- Sometime Tab may bring itself to the front
- Being unable to edit proxy lists
- Tardy Auto-Complete response for the Address Bar
- Back / Forward buttons on Logitech Mouse didn’t work
- Open Picture in New Tab button didn’t work
- Variable tab width.(Tab Bar right-click menu->Tab Options->Fixed Tab Width added)
Initial changes from v11.7 in Alpha 1: New Features: Brand new back-end to help with stability and reliability in the operation of Avant.
- Multi-Process system: Avant will stay intact whether a tab crashes or not.
- Better CPU/Memory usage. Releases memory thoroughly to fix most leaks
- New Paste & go, Paste & submit, and Paste & Search, right click options for the Address bar
- Private Mode: When you open a private session no history, temp files, or cookies are saved during the session.
- Backup/Restore Profile interface: Allows you to backup and restore your profile. Your profile includes bookmarks and interface settings, such as the position of your buttons/toolbars, etc
- New Tab-Wrap button: As more tabs are opened you can either have them all on one row or click this button and it will start wrapping to more than one row of tabs.
- Rendering mode: You can now choose between IE7,IE8, and IE8 Forced mode without the IE version switcher
- Save Selected Region to Clipboard
- Ascend or descend sorting Quick search and URL Alias
- Clear Website icons
- Copy all URLs from a Bookmark folder
- New right click options: Block All images from the Same Server, Copy Picture Link, Open Picture in New Tab, Open in New Avant Browser[Private Mode]
- Being unable to start a new line to edit the script of an addon
- Only displaying favicons in site’s root directory
- Values are too short to read in View/Edit Autofill window when variables are too long
- Sometimes exported bookmarks are miscoded